Monday, August 23, 2010

Frozen Memory

Sometimes I just gotta wonder. Tonight I'm meeting a guy from Match.com for a beer. And I found myself wondering on the drive home from work, "What's the point?"

I don't seem to have the energy to date. Why? And then I thought, "I've had a take-my-breath-away moment." And I haven't had one since that evening five years ago. I can say that in all seriousness.

Do we only get one of those moments in a lifetime?

Is it that after having one, all our expectations are set at the highest bar?

Do I continue to believe that a moment like that can happen again?

Or do I lower my standards?

Give up?

"Giving up" is a difficult strategy for me to grasp. But times like now? I kinda feel like it.

I wonder about a lot of things. See the trouble it gets me into?

No comments:

Post a Comment