Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Worthy Kitchen

Due to one of the worst decisions I’ve made in my whole entire life (absolutely no exaggeration), I haven’t been really cooking for the past two years. And I cook. It’s what I do. It’s what puts the sass in Penelope.

This horrendous decision made two years ago left me kitchen-less. That’s right. Kitchen. Less. (okay…so here I may be slightly…ever so slightly…exaggerating). Sure I had a kitchen at my disposal, however it barely afforded itself to being functional enough to boil water. Cooking was not a joy in it. It was difficult, fragmented, painful, frustrating and apathetic.

Now I have a kitchen in which I can create worthy results. Cooking is effortless, inspirational and soothing once again.

I’m not a girla to make New Year resolutions. Making, and hearing other's, New Year resolutions leaves me a bit nauseated. But I’m going to stretch my intentions, here and now, and make one. I will cook this year. I will entertain more. I will feast and feed my soul and body once again. Boom done. There you have it.


Yet, as I survey my culinary arsenal, I also realize the neglect these past two years has had upon it. My pans are looking sadly worn and desperate. Next purchases? A few serious sauté pans. I’ve been eye-balling some slick, stainless numbers that make me dreamily envision seared meats. High time to invest some cash in that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment