Sunday, December 6, 2009

DirectionLess

A few days ago, I took a break from my desk at work for a quick stroll around the block. I was walking past a dog training business that shared their building with a neon sign manufacturing company. Curious combination, huh? I noticed the sign on the door that said, "If you're here for a dog training session, please use the entrance on the north side of the building." My breath caught in my chest. I was bewildered and a bit disoriented and thought to myself, "Crap, which way IS north." If I had had a dog training session scheduled, I would have hopelessly thrown up my hands in despair, hauled the dog back in the car and, giving up, chosen a different trainer.

I don't know my east from west or north from south. It really hasn't been an issue so far in my life until now that I was confronted with this sign. I'm a bit conflicted about it and have now put "Learn Your Directions" on my list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment